A New Hope for Patients with Chronic CNS Symptoms – Nalbuphine ER: Relief is Possible
Are you suffering from or caring for someone with symptoms associated with chronic neurologically mediated conditions?
Trevi is developing nalbuphine ER as an oral treatment for a range of indications for which patients have few, if any, treatment options. With its dual mechanism of action, nalbuphine ER has the potential to significantly improve the quality of life of patients with a broad range of neurologically mediated conditions.
For what indications is Nalbuphine ER being developed?
- Prurigo Nodularis – a chronic, intensely pruritic dermatological condition characterized by the presence of pruriginous lesions such as papules, nodules or plaques, which may be associated with excoriations and ulcerations.
- Pruritus in Chronic Liver Disease – a common complication of chronic cholestatic liver diseases such as primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC); patients develop severe whole-body itch, an intense, intractable, debilitating condition that significantly disrupts patients’ daily activities and sleep, and consequently impairs their quality of life.
And are planning future clinical trials in patients with:
- Chronic Cough related to Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) – IPF is a rare, chronic, progressive lung disease, characterized by scarring and thickening of lung tissue; most patients diagnosed with IPF suffer from a dry, non-productive chronic cough that interrupts their daily living and significantly contributes to poor quality of life.
- Levodopa-induced Dyskinesia (LID) in patients with Parkinson’s Disease – involuntary / motor complications resulting from levodopa therapy.
What resources are available to patients suffering from these conditions?
- National Institutes of Health
- American Academy of Dermatology
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Pruritus in Chronic Liver Disease
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- The European Association for the Study of the Liver
Chronic Cough related to Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)
- American Lung Association
- The European Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and Related Disorders Federation (EU-IPF)
Levodopa-induced Dyskinesia (LID) in patients with Parkinson’s Disease
How can I stay informed on progress being made with Nalbuphine ER?
How can I get involved in a clinical trial?
Contact your physician to inquire about clinical trials available in your area.
Note: Nalbuphine ER is still investigational and not yet approved for use.